When you have a recording available which you would like to add to Canvas, you can do so by selecting the option to “Save as Video File”.
This will provide you with a number of options on how you want to save the file
1. Type - the type of video file to be produced. This can be left as an MP4.
2. Filename - the name of the video file you will save
3. Folder - where the file will be downloaded to
4. Cursor - if you want the recording to show and/ or highlight the cursor to the viewer
5. Open Captions - if you want to add captions to the file
6. Quality - whether the file should be a high visual quality (but a larger file size) or a lower visual quality (but a smaller file size).
When you are satisfied with your options, you can press the green “Publish” button
Your file will publish to a video file to the folder you selected
When the recording has published, you can go to your module in Canvas and, under a unit, click on the plus sign on the right side of the unit to add a file.
To upload the recording, select the File option from the drop down menu, select [New File] and then click on the "Choose File" button to locate the video recording. Select "Add Item" to add your video
You may be presented with a message stating that the media is being qued for conversion". When this has finished, the recording will be available to students.