I wish to create an assignment for my module. As part of the assignment submission I would like to have the submitted file reviewed to ensure no plagiarism has taken place.
Ouriginal is an award-winning software solution that combines text-matching with writing style analysis, enabling educators and users to assess the authenticity of any text. Ouriginal as an anti-plagiarism tool is more deeply integrated into Canvas and will replace Turnitin. To create an Ouriginal assignment, simply create an assignment as you usually would in Canvas.
Creating an Ouriginal assignment
The below steps will focus only on those steps that differ for the purpose of creating an Ouriginal assignment. For detailed steps on this, please see How to create an assignment in Canvas.
In your canvas module, there will be an additional option in the assignment for Plagiarism Review when creating your assignment.
Plagiarism review option in Canvas
- Submission type - From the dropdown
- Online entry options - Click the
option File Uploads
- Plagiarism review - From the
Plagiarism review section in Canvas
- Plagiarism review - Once selected
will be presented with 3
- Whether the student submissions should be anonymous or not
- Whether the student submissions should be added to the repository against which original checks for plagiarism
- When the results of the anti-plagiarism are made available to students
- Choose when the Ouriginal report
made available to students from one of
options available in the
Option to reveal report to students
Accessing Ouriginal results
The below steps will focus only on those steps that differ for the purpose of using SpeedGrader to view Ouriginal assignment results. For detailed steps on this, please see How to use SpeedGrader
You can access the results of the Ouriginal review in the SpeedGrader for the assignment
SpeedGrader, if you see a clock
next to the student submission.
indicates that Ouriginal is
checking the submission for
Clock icon SpeedGrader
- When Ouriginal has completed the
this area will display a plagiarism
for you to review.
- Click on this percentage score
be brought to the original
For more information on this, please see our article on How to Access your Ouriginal Results