Most questions in Canvas New Quizzes are auto-corrected, but some questions (SAQs, or file upload questions, for instance) may require manual review by lecturers to mark student responses.
To access student submissions for a quiz and to manually mark any question which require manual intervention, complete the following steps.
- Click the quiz you want to access.
- From the quiz settings, click Build.
- Click the Moderate tab.
This will provide you with a
list of student attempts, how
each student scored and the
logs for each students' quiz
- If you click into a student's
attempt, then you can view how they answered
each question and what marks they received.
For any questions which require manual
- Items that require manual grading
display a grey border .
- To give a student full points for an
the Checkmark button .
- To give a student no points for an
answer, you click
the X button .
- You can also use
the Arrow buttons to
increase or decrease the score .