I have a large number of students completing an assignment. Once I have graded I would like to review a graphical interpretation of how the grades of the class are split up.
New Analytics allows you to track average grades for student submissions using an interactive chart graph or data table.
1. In Global Navigation, click Modules, then click the name of the module.
2. To open New Analytics,
- Click New Analytics in the module navigation  or
- Click New Analytics in the module home page .
3. If you cannot see the New Analytics link, you may have to make the link visible via the Navigation tab in Settings. For reporting accuracy, the page displays the last time analytics data was last updated. Data is refreshed in New Analytics every 24 hours.
4. The analytics page is dynamic based on filtered content.
- By default, all results display the course average, which cannot be removed .
- You can also view the average grade percentage for all students , which is not affected by any filter.
Filter by Assignment
1. By default, analytics selects all assignment types to display within the page .
2. Each assignment in the chart displays the appropriate icon for each visible assignment type .
3. To view additional assignments, click and drag the scrollbar .
4. To filter by assignment type, clear the checkbox next to the assignment type. The chart dynamically updates the results based on the assignment type selected or removed in the filter.
: At least one assignment type is required at all times.
5. For analytical comparisons, you can compare graph data by filtering a section, student, or assignment.